Central Animal Hospital will be offering specials on all dental procedures throughout the year. Keep an eye on your email for the dates!
Did you know:
- Up to 95% of all cats and dogs over 2 years old may suffer from periodontal (dental) disease.
- Periodontal disease starts when plaque (a mixture of bacteria and food debris) and tartar build up on teeth. This build up can cause breakdown of the normal protective mechanisms of the mouth, resulting in bad breath, bleeding gums, and loose teeth.
- Other signs may include changes in behavior, decreased appetite, or difficulty chewing.
- In severe cases of periodontal disease, bacteria can enter the bloodstream and affect distant organs such as the heart, liver and kidneys.
If you suspect that your pet is suffering from periodontal disease (or would like to know) please call our receptionist to schedule a complimentary exam of the mouth and teeth. If dental work is necessary our staff can help you schedule the procedure and provide an estimate of costs. We can also help design an oral care program to follow at home.
What does dentistry include?
At Central Animal Hospital, a routine dental includes:
- Pre-anesthetic blood screening is recommended (optional to owner, not included in the price of dental)
- General anesthesia
- Ultrasonic scaling (to remove large deposits above the gum line)
- Hand scaling (to remove smaller deposits above and below the gum line)
- Polishing (to remove etching of the enamel that may occur during scaling)
- Fluoride treatment (to harden the enamel and delay accumulation of tartar)
- Possible extractions, when necessary (when a tooth is unable to be saved)
- Pain medications can be administered here or sent home when needed
In Honor of Veterinary Dental Awareness Month (February):
Central Animal Hospital will offer a discount, that will be announced by email, on all dental procedures during the month of February.